Asthma is a chronic condition of lungs in which an attack occurs when an irritant meets a pair of sensitive lungs. The patient faces difficulty in breathing because the bronchioles (air passage in the lungs) go into spasm (sudden involuntary muscular movement). This can cause coughing and tightness in the chest. People having asthma have inflamed airways and that inflammation makes the airways enlarged beyond normal and sensitive to certain inhaled substance.
There are two types of Asthma
This type is accelerated by exposure to an allergen like smoke, pollen or dust mites
This type is accelerated by hormonal fluctuations, stress, anger, exercise, extreme weather or certain medications.
Asthma is the most common chronic childhood condition that affects more boys than girls. In Pakistan, this pulmonary disorder affects approximately 1.6 millions of children. As far as adults are concerned, it is most common in women than men. It can also be hereditary and not contagious.
Homeopathic Treatment for Asthma:
Well-chosen medicine by experienced homeopath can give you long lasting relief. It can reduce your dependence on inhaler. There are many Homeopathic medicines which have a promising scope in combating with this disorder. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. Aim of homeopathy is not only to treat asthma but to address individual susceptibility. For treating Asthma with homeopathy, it is necessary to select remedy matches the individual’s personality.
Best homeopathic medicines used for asthma are:
• Blatta Orientalis: indicated when there is sense of constriction in chest, quickened breathing, rattling or wheezing noise. Aggravated by movement and dust.
• Arsenic: when the attack is worst after midnight. Suffocative cough, shortness of breath patient thirsts for small quantity of water.
• Carbo Veg : Carbo Veg is prescribed for old patients. Patients sits and gasps for air as if he is hungry for air. Patient feels burning in chest with Cough.
• Nux Vomica: Asthma, with stomach fullness aggravate in morning or after eating. Intense anxiety, pain behind breast bone.
• Lobelia Inflata: Difficult breathing because of constriction of chest. Patient feels weight in chest which is relief by rapid walking.
There are many more medicines but given to patient on specific indication and complete symptoms:
Respiration asthmatic alternating with eruptions medicines indicated are Caladium seguinum, Dulcamara, Rhus toxicodendron, Mezereum
respiration asthmatic worse in summer weather Argentum nitricum, Kalium bichromicum, Kalium carbonicum
respiration asthmatic aggravate in winter Cassia sophera, Natrium muriaticum, Phellandrium aquaticum, Sulphur.
Asthma aggravate in closed room Justicia adhatoda, Kalium sulphuricum, Trifolium pretense
RESPIRATION; ASTHMATIC; expectoration amel. Antimonium tartaricum, Aralia racemosa, Grindelia robusta, Lachesis muta
home remedies for asthma